- The Business Manager serves as an ex-officio member of the Executive Committee, providing information as needed to Committee Members.
- The Business Manager attends Executive Committee meetings if necessary and is kept abreast of decisions relevant to the responsibilities of running the business office.
- Discuss and coordinate changes in the Academy Web Site presented by the President to the Academy Executive Committee.
- The Business Manager handles all financial matters for the Academy, including, but not limited to dues, contributions, royalties, disbursements, investments, and financial statements. The Office is authorized to sign for the Academy in all financial situations, with all records being subject to scrutiny by the Secretary-Treasurer, who is also authorized to sign financial documents.
- The Business Manager insures that with each new election of the Secretary-Treasurer that said individual is eligible for signing all accounts on the Academy’s behalf.
- At the end of the fiscal year, the Business Manager provides financial reports concerning the preceding fiscal year to the Secretary-Treasurer so s/he can prepare a budget analysis of the year and a proposed budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
- The Business Manager is to inform the President of any donations given to the Academy.
- The Business Manager is responsible for sending out all membership renewal notices to members. Two notices are sent out by the Business Manager.
- The Business Manager provides the Secretary-Treasurer with quarterly membership renewal information.
- The Business Manager maintains a current membership list and prepares a membership directory each year that is distributed to members attending the annual meeting and sends it to all other members following the Annual Meeting.
- The Business Manager prepares a mailing of committee reports to send to all members who were not in attendance at the Annual Meeting.
- As requested, the Business Manager assists all Committees in sending out communication to members.
- The Business Manager maintains the Academy’s website and updates it as needed or as requested by the executive committee or designated individuals.
- The Business Manager maintains the current file of all Operating Codes as provided by the Secretary-Treasurer.
- The Business Manager informs Fellows that the NAK Newsletter has been published on the website.
- The Business Manager handles all aspects of the Annual Meeting, including, but not limited to the following:
Site selection recommendation
Determination of recommended fee structure
Preparation of all program and award materials
On-site event management
- The Business Manager works with the President and President-elect to ensure that all plans for the conference are coordinated efforts and all details are covered.
Proposed Timetable for NAK Business Manager:
- Following Annual Meeting – Bring resolution to bills and activities surrounding the Annual Meeting.
- Quarterly – Provide Secretary/Treasurer with update of membership.
- November – First mailing for membership renewal.
- January-February – Follow-up mailing for membership renewal.
- Spring – conduct call for nomination of new Fellows, award recipients, and Officers once ballots have been created by the respective Committees.
- Summer – Initiate site selection and recommendation for subsequent Annual Meeting.
- Prior to Annual Meeting – provide Secretary/Treasurer with update of annual budget.
- Early Fall – Prepare materials for Annual Meeting (e.g., mailings, awards, name badges, printed program, etc.).
- Provide electronic access of Committee Reports for Fellows attending the Annual Meeting.